Job title: Aluminium Saw Operator
A position has become available in Christchurch for an Aluminium saw operator in our blinds department.
- Market leading business
- Innovative, progressive and dynamic Company
- Friendly and positive working environment
- Incentives and benefits.
MCP New Zealand Limited is a private company expanding its market share in supplying a large range of manufactured and imported products. Specifically our manufacturing facility located in Wigram, Christchurch manufactures window furnishing products for sale to wholesale and retail channels. The company has been supplying major retail chains and independent operators throughout New Zealand for over 60 years.
It’s not often we have vacancies in our factories as our staff enjoy the benefits the company provide and rarely leave. As an employer MCP New Zealand Ltd is committed to a safe, positive and harmonious work environment and encourages every member of our team to strive for greatness and they are rewarded commensurately.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and reliable individual to join our Blinds Fabrication team. The appointee will be trained in all aspects of the manufacturing process and to be successful they should be driven, have an eye for detail and be reliable and self-motivated.
Key attributes sought in the appointee include:
- Have a can do attitude.
- Be able to read measurements.
- Attention to detail.
- Take pride in their work and responsibility for it.
- Be reliable and honest.
- Be a tidy worker.
- Be self-motivated and proactive.
- Be able to work overtime if necessary.
- Be able to do some heavy lifting and have a moderate level of fitness.
- Be able to work on their feet all day.
- Be able to work on their own as well as in a team.
- Have a good awareness of safety requirements associated with a production environment.
Requirements of this position include:
- Cutting Aluminium Head/Bottom rail
- Punching/drilling head rail.
- Quality control.
- Stock control.
- Other duties as required.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly successful company with massive growth plans. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for a capable, energetic person to build towards longer term career advancement. You must have your own reliable transportation.
The full time position is for 40 hour per week between the hours of 7:30am and 4:00pm and overtime is regularly required. A start date as soon as possible is preferred, with the position to be filled before March 20th. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, where the hourly rate will be discussed. All applicants for this position require New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work visa.