Join an exceptional Multi-national employer and forge ahead with your career manufacturing. MCP New Zealand Ltd comprises a group of brands/subsidiaries including “Windoware”, “Bowranda” and “Windowizard” continually expanding its market share in supplying a large range of manufactured and imported products. The company supplies major retail chains and independent operators throughout New Zealand and into various export markets.
This is a Management-Trainee position for someone who wants a career in manufacturing management. The successful applicant will initially be managing 7 staff and will be part of MCP’s “Emerging Managers Training Program” comprising internal and external training platforms that provide practical and useful skills for aspiring managers.
Perform duties related to the planning (scheduling);
- Assist with the labour requirement planning to meet DIFOT/ Productivity achievement.
- Review outstanding order lists in conjunction with production staff to ensure customer orders will be dispatched on time.
- Reporting on orders before date which are going to be late
Monitor stock control of raw materials, including the further development and accuracy of electronic stocking systems (Concord).
- Oversee and assisting with part and full stocks takes to ensure Company’s stock system is correct
- Monitoring and reporting stock wastage
- Providing feedback where stockouts have occurred
- Inputting Purchase orders and Purchase Deliveries
- Implementing Kanban in areas where product demand is unknown
- Introducing and Maintaining Best practice for stock husbandry, including the movement to rolling stock takes within the department
Assist in the development of the Quality Control Manual insuring the manual is useful and used.
Leading Health and Safety across the team ensuring staff are actively engaged in identifying Hazards and controlling risks
- Running staff inductions for new Staff members
- Ensuing all staff members are trained / competent before operating the company machinery
Reporting in a timely manner key Health and Safety Hazards and risks to the facility, staff and visitors to other members of the management team.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly successful company that has demonstrated strong and consistent growth and profitability, and anticipates continuing this trend through the foreseeable future. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for a capable, energetic Individual.